Website Equal Origins
Equal Origins is advocating for positive change for women, families, and youth in coffee and cocoa farming communities around the world.
Start Date: February 2023
Internship Length: approximately18 weeks, with the possibility of extension
Hours: Between 10 – 20 hours/week
Equal Origins is advocating for positive change for women, families, and youth in coffee and cocoa farming communities around the world. Are you interested in furthering these goals by applying your exceptional skills in strategic communication?
We are looking for an ambitious, strategic thinker to help us build engagement with our mission and grow our impact in 2023.
Who you are:
- Passionate, hard-working, organized, self-motivated, and committed to making a difference. Spanish and/or French language skills are a plus.
- This is a unique opportunity to work with a growing organization with a global vision – to get involved on the ground level and be a part of furthering our success – while building your resume and professional experience.
Equal Origins was founded in 2014 as a collaborative research and development initiative to deepen our understanding of the link between gender equity and supply chain resilience. Uniting key coffee sector actors—private companies, development agencies, research institutions, and practitioners—Equal Origins works to harness the collaborative spirit of the coffee industry to address the gender gap in the value chain.
To accomplish these goals, we have developed a set of innovative tools and programs to drive change at scale, not only in coffee and cocoa but also in agriculture broadly. Our work is supported by important brands who seek to ensure their sustainability investments are made gender-equitably.
Equal Origins is seeking a Spring 2023 Intern to build and implement a strategic communications campaign that will drive engagement with our work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Campaign Officer will work across Equal Origins’ programs to build and deliver our strategic plan. This is an opportunity to create something from the bottom up.
This role is varied and includes:
- Devise and implement advocacy designed to achieve Equal Origins’ strategic objectives.
- Drafting and producing campaign actions.
- Develop engaging stories and content to share with a diverse array of potential supporters.
- Contributing to social media output on gender equity issues within the industry.
- Engage with targeted stakeholders globally, including industry and the public.
- Keeping up to date with all relevant issues relating to our work in this area.
- Current graduate student or senior-level undergraduate studying strategic communication, international relations/development, international business, women’s studies, or a related field
- Background or strong interest in strategic campaigns, social justice, international development
- Effective time management and organization skills; ability to keep deadlines while working remotely
- Strong writing and communication skills
Send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to Program@equalorigins.org